Can’t cope? Elope!
Admit it. You always thought eloping sounded kind of romantic, right? Too bad everyone expects you to have The Big Wedding — the kind you always thought you wanted. So now that you’re engaged and knee-deep in wedding planning, why are you secretly wishing you could just fly off to a tropical island and say your I do’s in your bathing suit?
Well, you can! There are many different ways to elope — and not all of them involve running off in the middle of the night. These days, “eloping” is anything other than a traditional wedding — from a steps-of-city-hall ceremony with just the two of you, to a fun-filled “destination wedding” with your family and closest friends.
Let’s Elope is filled with creative ideas for exchanging your vows in a memorable, personalized way that won’t necessarily cost you a fortune — or your sanity. Let’s Elope includes:
* A brief history of weddings — and why people first began to elope
* A quiz to help you decide if eloping is right for you
* Inspiring anecdotes from real-life couples who chose to opt out of a traditional wedding
* Elopement etiquette, including how to break the news to your family and friends
* Information on how to plan destination weddings, country weekend weddings, and surprise weddings
* Up-to-the-minute addresses, phone numbers, and Web sites for the world’s top elopement spots
* Tons of ideas about what to do with all the money you saved!